Friday, January 16, 2009

Age Gracefully

I like to watch E news on Astro. Segment on Stars who turned 50 and are still looking GREAT caught my attention. These are babes with good looks; hot looking body and they are 50 years old! You know when you were kids and you thought that 50 is a very old age .. 50 are the age when people start dying (or was it just me).

But as you get older, even though you consciously know that you are getting older, age is actually just numbers. Year after year, gray hairs starts to appear and if you have kids, they get bigger and bigger and you get wiser and wiser but 50 really is just a number. I can still remember when I can't wait to turn 17 ... and then 21 (I'm free, I'm free) and then the number gets bigger and bigger and now pushing 40... woo please stop.. put a brake on it..

Well back to the fabulous babes at 50, Madonna's body is so .. so .. awesome! I just adore the muscles, the curves and how I wish .. you know, though I know that it involves a lot of money and sweat ... and I just can't imagine how on earth?.. but I guess determination and hard work pays!!

Michelle Pfeifer is another one ... not so much of muscles but she don't even look 40 - the secret ... watch what you eat, don't smoke and discipline routine exercise.

Well the ladies had inspired me. One of my New Year resolution is to get rid of those fats around my abs (this inspiration came from Madonna) and since my latest physical assessment says that I am close to obese (are you kidding me? That was my reaction when a trainer at the GYM read me my result). I will make sure that my next one, which I am scheduling in June, will show a much better result. Meaning that I will work on my "problem areas" i.e. the gluteus and thighs like never before. To make sure that I will achieve the desired RESULT (bearing in mind that I have not succeeded for years) I will get my husband to be my trainer. This is not just because I don't have money to hire a trainer but also because I need to spend more quality time with hubby. I will also make sure that I will drink 8 glasses of water every day and take a lot of fiber and fruits. Review results in 6 months!! Malaysia Boleh!!

No comments: